Last updated: April 15, 2021
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Account means a unique account created for you to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Detectors 4 Africa cc, 9 Aalwyn Street, Sonstraal, Durbanville, Cape Town, 7550, South Africa.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to: Southern Africa
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Website.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service. (We do not offer this service)
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to Detectors 4 Africa, accessible from https://www.metaldetectors4africa.com/
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Usage Data
This is used for delivery and contact purposes, to contact you regarding your order, send you an invoice, for delivery purposes, to discuss a product with you if you have any questions, for product returns and product repairs.
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service. Usage Data may include information such as your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device. We use Google Analytics to collect this data,
Information from Third-Party Social Media Services
The Company allows You to visit Third-party Social Media Services when clicking on the links:
Our Facebook icons link to our Facebook Page and to our Facebook group.
We do not offer the service to log in through Google, Youtube, Twitter or Facebook onto this website. We have social media icons through which you can visit our social media profiles and Youtube videos embedded on our website, we have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services. If you send us a message through Facebook we may respond to that message but do not collect your information from there unless you ask us to contact you and then it is only your contact details we use for us to send you an invoice, discuss the product, provide a refund or repair of the product.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Service may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences or your activity on our Service. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies. For more information on how You can delete Flash Cookies, please read “Where can I change the settings for disabling, or deleting local shared objects?” available at https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html#main_Where_can_I_change_the_settings_for_disabling__or_deleting_local_shared_objects_
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close your web browser. Learn more about cookies: Cookies: What Do They Do?. We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies Type: Session Cookies Administered by: Us Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
- Functionality Cookies Type: Persistent Cookies Administered by: Us Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you use the Website.
We do not offer account creation on the website, we only collect the information when you place an order through the website and use it to contact you regarding your order,to deliver it to your address of choice, to discuss the product with you, for product returns and repairs or for refund purposes.
Cookies used on this website (www.metaldetectors4africa.com) :
viewed_cookie_policy – These cookies are set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. These cookies are used to store the user consent – read more at https://www.webtoffee.com/product/gdpr-cookie-consent/
PHPSESSID – a session cookie to provide functions across pages
_gid _ga _gat_gtag – These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our website is being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize our website and application for you in order to enhance your experience. These cookies do not personally identify who you are.
Read more at – https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
wp_woocommerce_session woocommerce_items_in_cart woocommerce_cart_hash – These cookies are set by WooCommerce to for the plugin to know when you add products to the cart for checkout on the website. Read more about WooCommerce cookies at https://automattic.com/ and https://www.woocommerce.com.
wordpress_test_cookie – WordPress sets a cookie named wordpress_test_cookie to check if cookies are enabled on the browser to provide appropriate user experience to the users. This cookie is used on the front-end of www.metaldetectors4africa.com, even if you are not logged in.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. You can opt-out of having made your activity on the Service available to Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
Use of your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage your Account: to manage your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
We do not offer account creation through the website at this time.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact you: To contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation. (We only contact you regarding your order,to deliver it to your address of choice, to discuss the product with you, and for product returns and repairs.)
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information. We will not send out information to you unless you ask for it by sending us an email or phoning us, giving your consent.
- To manage your requests: To attend and manage your requests to Us.
- For business transfers: We may use your information, to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred. You will be notified of this beforehand and may ask us to remove your personal information.
- For other purposes: We may use your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to contact You. (We only contact you regarding your order,to deliver it to your address of choice, to discuss the product with you, and for product returns and repairs.)
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company, you will be notified of this beforehand and may ask us to remove your personal information.
- With business partners: We may share your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If You interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see your name, profile, pictures and description of your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with You and view your profile. (We do not offer registering through Third-Party Social Media services on this website, we do have a Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/metaldetectors4africa/ and Facebook group – https://www.facebook.com/groups/fortunehunterssa/, and do not take responsibility for information you share there, we only respond to questions you post there or if you require product information, we do not sell or transfer your contact details for any other purpose, we only disclose your personal information with your consent.)
- With your consent: We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
Retention of your Personal Data
Transfer of your Personal Data
Disclosure of your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of your Personal Data
The security of your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 18 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers. If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information and your country requires consent from a parent, We may require your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
What rights you have over your personal data
(User Rights and Obligations)
If you have placed an order through this website or sent us a message through our contact form you can request for us to send you the information you supplied to us. You can also request for us to erase any personal data we hold about you, however, this does not include any data we are obliged to keep for legal, administrative,or security purposes.
The user of this website (www.metaldetectors4africa.com) and our service is entitled to any relevant personal information held by Detectors 4 Africa and where such access is necessary for you to protect and/or exercise any of your rights. For any personal information held by any third-party responsible party, the user must approach that responsible party for the realisation of the user’s personal information rights with then and not Detectors 4 Africa. Under the POPIA, you have the rights in relation to your personal information. Please contact us to find out more about, or manifest, the following rights:
- have your data processed in a fair, lawful and transparent way;
- access personal information we hold about you;
- require us to correct any mistakes in your personal information;
- require us to delete personal information concerning you in certain situations where there is no purpose for us to continue to process it;
- request that we transfer your personal information to you or another service provider in a structured, simple format;
- object at any time to processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes;
- object to automated decision making which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you;
- object in certain other situations to our further processing of your personal information;
- otherwise restrict or temporarily stop our processing of your personal information in the following circumstances:
– if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy;
– where our use of the data is unlawful, but you do not want us to erase it;
– Where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
-you have objected to our use of your data, but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it and/or
- withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your Personal Information. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
you have the right to make a complaint at any time to Information Regulator’s Office of South Africa (IR) which can be contacted at http://www.justice.gov.za/inforeg/ . We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the regulator, so please contact us in the first instance at our contact page https://www.metaldetectors4africa.com/contact-details/
or via phone number: +27 (0)21 976 5466.
Reservation of Rights
- Detectors 4 Africa reserves the right to disclose information about customers where required in good faith, to do so by law or to exercise our legal rights or defend ourselves against legal claims.
- Detectors 4 Africa further reserves the right to share information with law enforcement to investigate or prevent illegal activities being committed over our network or servers.
- Detectors 4 Africa reserves our rights to disclose your personal information where you have given us explicit legal written consent to do so.
- Detectors 4 Africa reserves the right to monitor user and network traffic for site security purposes and prevent any unauthorized attempts to tamper with our site or cause damage to our property.
you have the right to send us a request to update or remove your personal information. Please contact us at the below details.
- By visiting this page on our website: https://www.metaldetectors4africa.com/contact-details/
- By phone number: +27 (0)21 976 5466
9 Aalwyn Street, Sonstraal,
Durbanville, Cape Town,
7550, South Africa
Tel: +27 (0)21 976 5466
Cell: +27 (0)83 500 3723
09:00 to 17:00 Mon - Fri
After hours please call:
+27 (0)83 500 3723